People behind Satya
Our Team :
- Committed team of Doctors & Professionals
- Clinical psychologist
- Special educators & trained staff
- Team of therapist
- Dedicated volunteers
A brief resume of the experts involved with the school is given below:
- Dr. Nallam. V , the founder Patron of the school has an M S in General Surgery and runs a 75 bed hospital , one of the biggest private hospitals in Pondicherry. He was selected by the Government of India for specialized training in cancer at the Prestigious Cancer Institute in Villjuife, France. He has also done a genetic research study in Diabetes with Saint Louis Hospital in Paris.
- Dr. Asha Oumachigui, President, Satya Special School. She has specialized in Obstetrics & Gynaecology. She was the Director - Professor and Head of the Department, Gynaecology at the Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Research (JIPMER). She is also the Consultant / Expert for the Ministry of Health & Family welfare , Govt of India and Short term consultant for the World Bank
- Dr. Chandrasekar (EC Member) specialized in Internal Medicine. A full bright scholar he is a retired Director and Professor & Head of Department of Medicine at JIPMER. He is also a Post Doctor Fellow of the Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, USA
- Dr. Mrs R Chidambaram : EC Member has specialized in Paediatrics. She was the former head of Department, Paediatrics, Govt hospital, Karikal and currently consultant Paediatrics at the New Medical Centre, Pondicherry. She is also a member of the Natural Faculty of Neonatal Association.
- Dr. Velumani : EC Member is a neurologist previously working with the Govt General Hospital and currently consultant in the city's leading hospitals.
- Mrs. Maya Chandrasekara : Vice President has specialized in Institutional Management. She had been involved in setting up vocational training units in a number of voluntary organizations. She is also a qualified Dietician and ahs worked as Dietician in Johns Hopkins Hospital and Union Memorial Hospital, Baltimore USA
- Mr. Krishan Babu , (Secretary) businessman and philanthropist involved in a number of welfare organisations
- Ms. Chitra Shah Technical Head is a qualified Social worker specialized in family & Child welfare. A gold medallist for her thesis on "Female Infanticide" by the University of Madras, she has worked with a number of special schools and counselling clinics.
- Mr. Madavan, (Treasurer) Financial Consultant
- Ms. Bindhu Modi, EC Member, is a clinical psychologist
- Ms. Seetha Ramkumar, (EC member) Home Maker
- Mr. G Ramalingam, (EC member) Retd. Statistician , JIPMER